- Cookies are pieces of information that include a unique reference code that a website transfers to your device to store and sometimes track information about you. A number of cookies we use will last only for the duration of your web session and expire when you close your browser. Other cookies are used to remember you when you return to the Site and last for longer.
Necessary session management
- Managing your login session so you can move easily from one page to another within the Site and your page requests are loaded in smooth and secure manner;
- Collect statistical information about how you use the Site so that we can improve the Site;
- Remembering that you have used the Site before; this means we can identify the number of unique visitors we receive to different parts of the Site;
- Storing your preferences and selections;
- Customizing elements of the layout and/or content of the pages of the Site for you;
Gathering information about the pages through our advertising partners, on the website that you visit, and also other information about other websites that you visit, so as to place you in a "market segment". This information is collected by reference to the IP address that you are using and so does not identify you personally, but does include information about the country and city you are in, together with the name of your internet service provider. This information is then used to place interest-based adverts on the website which it is believed will be relevant to your market segment. For more information about this type of interest based advertising, and about how to turn this feature off please visit www.youronlinechoices.co.uk or follow the link to the website of our advertising partners shown in our cookie chart below. Without these cookies, advertisements you encounter will be less relevant to you and to your interests.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies but, if you prefer, you can change your browser to prevent that or to notify you each time a cookie is set. You can also learn more about cookies by visiting www.allaboutcookies.org which includes additional useful information on cookies and how to block cookies using different types of browser. Please note however, that by blocking or deleting cookies used on the Site you may not be able to take full advantage of the Site if you do so. Please remember that if you turn the cookies off the site might not work.
You can also access more detail about specific cookies issued through this Website by referring to our cookie chart below.
|Cookie Name||Purpose||More Information
|CID,CX||Session Management||Persistent, expires in 1 year
|VID,VX||Session Management||Expires on browser close
Third Party Cookies
|Cookie Name||Purpose||More Information
|Omniture||Website Analytics||Expires in 2 years
|ComScore: Scorecardresearch.com||Website Analytics||Expires in 2 years
|Google Analytics||Like many services, Google Analytics uses first-party cookies to report on visitor interactions. These cookies are used to store non-personally identifiable information, such as what time the current visit occurred, whether the visitor has been to the site before, and what site referred the visitor to the web page. Browsers do not share first-party cookies across domains. For customers that have enabled the Remarketing with Google Analytics feature, a third-party DoubleClick cookie is used to enable remarketing for products like AdWords on the Google Display Network. For more information about this cookie, visit the Google Advertising Privacy FAQ. To manage your settings for this cookie and opt-out of this feature, visit the Ads Preferences Manager.||Expires on Session
Lu, x-src, datr, w, locale
|Used to complete Facebook posts and display info from Friends and other users||
|Preference for remembering user’s login information|
User’s login session information
Redirect after login or signup
|Used to serve ads to users and keep their preferences noted.||Mobile ads do not expire unless you remove cookies in browser session