"Cast Your Oscar Ballot with MovieTickets.com Facebook" Sweepstakes: Official Rules
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. ODDS OF WINNING WILL DEPEND ON THE TOTAL NUMBER OF ENTRIES RECEIVED. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
1. OVERVIEW: The MovieTickets.com “Cast Your Oscar Ballot with MovieTickets.com Facebook” Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is sponsored by MovieTickets.com, Inc. (“Sponsor”), having its principal place of business at 2255 Glades Road, Suite 100E, Boca Raton, Florida 33431. The Sweepstakes entry period begins on February 13, 2014 at 12:00 p.m. (Eastern Time) and ends on March 2, 2014 at 12:00 p.m. (Eastern Time) (such period, the “Entry Period”). By entering the Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees to be bound by these "Official Rules" and the decisions of Sponsor, which decisions are final and binding in all respects. Method of Entry: To enter the Sweepstakes, visit http://www.facebook.com/MovieTicketscom (the “Sweepstakes Site”), cast your Oscar ballot in each of the 5 categories featured and fill out the official entry form during the Entry Period. The Sweepstakes Site's database clock will be the official timekeeper for this Sweepstakes. All of the Sweepstakes information, including these Official Rules, will be posted at the Sweepstakes Site throughout the Entry Period. Entrants will be asked to submit a completed official online entry form, which may include, among other things, his/her name, e-mail address, date of birth, country, and related registration information as prompted. Limit of one (1) entry per person, per email address, per Facebook account, and per household. Additional entries from the same e-mail address/household/Facebook account or establishing multiple Facebook accounts will be automatically eliminated. Where a dispute arises about who submitted an online entry, the entry will be deemed submitted by the holder of the e-mail account listed on the Facebook account. If a dispute cannot be resolved to Sponsor's satisfaction, the entry will be deemed ineligible. Entries must be received during the Entry Period. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. Those who do not follow the instructions, fill in all of the required fields, or abide by these Official Rules will be disqualified.
2. ELIGIBILITY: This Sweepstakes is open to any individual who, as of the beginning of the Entry Period: (a) is a natural person and a legal resident of the continental U.S. (excluding Alaska, Hawaii, Rhode Island, Guam, Puerto Rico, and all other U.S. territories and possessions) (the "Eligibility Area"); (b) is eighteen (18) years of age or older at the date of entry; and (c) has access to the Internet. Employees, officers, directors, members and agents (and their immediate families (spouse, mother, father, in-laws, grandmother, grandfather, brother, sister, children and grandchildren) and household members regardless of where they live, or members of the same households (whether related or not) of Sponsor, their divisions, affiliates, subsidiaries, agents and advertising agencies (collectively, the “Sweepstakes Entities”), are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes or to win any prize. VOID OUTSIDE OF THE ELIGIBILITY AREA AND WHERE PROHIBITED. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
3. PRIZES: Grand Prize. The Grand Prize consists of two MovieTickets.com promo codes, valued at $12.50 each, every month for a year, at participating MovieTickets.com theaters. One (1) Grand Prize is available. The total ARV of the Grand Prize is $300.00. MovieTickets.com promo codes are subject to the terms and conditions below.
Second Place Prizes. The Second Place Prize consists of one MovieTickets.com gift card, valued at $25. The number of Second Place Prizes will vary depending on the number of Facebook likes generated as part of this Sweepstakes.
a. If 1,000 to 2,499 Facebook likes are generated as part of this Sweepstakes, then ten (10) MovieTickets.com gift cards will be given away as Second Place Prizes.
b. If 2,500 to 4,999 Facebook likes are generated as part of this Sweepstakes, then fifteen (15) MovieTickets.com gift cards will be given away as Second Place Prizes.
c. If 5,000 or more Facebook likes are generated as part of this Sweepstakes, then twenty (20) MovieTickets.com gift cards will be given away as Second Place Prizes.
The ARV of each Second Place prize is valued at $25. The total ARV of the Second Place Prizes will be between $250 and $500, depending on the number of Facebook likes generated as part of this Sweepstakes. MovieTickets.com gift cards are subject to the terms and conditions set forth on the gift cards. A complete list of participating theaters is found at http://www.movietickets.com/promoacceptingtheaters.
The aggregate total of all prizes will be between $550 and $800, depending on the number of Facebook likes generated as part of this Sweepstakes. All details and other restrictions of prizes not specified in these Official Rules will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. All taxes (and the reporting consequences thereof) and any other fees or costs associated with the prizes described above are the sole responsibility of the winners. Prizes (and/or any portion thereof) are nontransferable and non-exchangeable. No substitutions or cash redemption of prizes are permitted except that MovieTickets.com’s and Sweepstakes Providers retain the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater retail value for any reason.
Promo Code Terms. Promo Codes are valid only for Internet purchases made on www.movietickets.com for partner theaters located in the United States. Prize winners must have Internet access to redeem. Promo Codes cannot be redeemed directly at any of MovieTickets.com’s partner theaters, via MovieTickets.com’s telephone or mobile services, or through any other website operated by third-party merchants. Redemption is subject to the terms and conditions of the website located at http://www.movietickets.com/terms.asp. To redeem the prize, visit www.movietickets.com and check the “Yes, I would like to apply a promotional code or a MovieTickets.com gift card” box during the purchase process. Promo Codes have no cash value, will not be replaced if lost or stolen, and is not for resale or commercial use. If a movie ticket (with MovieTickets.com’s convenience fee included) is more than the remaining maximum Promo Code value, the user must pay the difference with a valid credit or debit card.
4. PRIZE DRAWING: The potential Grand Prize winner will be selected in a random drawing from all eligible entries received during the Entry Period. The drawing will be held by Sponsor on or about March 2, 2014. Sponsor’s decisions are final and binding on all aspects of this Sweepstakes. The potential Grand Prize winner will be notified on or about March 2, 2014 by e-mail using the e-mail address provided at the time of entry. The winning name may be published on facebook.com/movieticketscom. Sponsor is not responsible if any potential winner notification is not received for any reason. Failure of the potential prize winner to respond within two (2) days from such notification referred to above may result in disqualification and the selection of an alternate prize winner. An alternate prize winner may be selected in the event a prize cannot be awarded to the potential prize winner initially drawn. If any prize, prize notification or Sweepstakes-related communication is rejected, faulty, or returned as undeliverable or if a winner cannot be reached after a reasonable attempt has been made by Sponsor (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion), that winner may be disqualified and an alternate winner may be randomly selected.
5. CONDITIONS, DISCLAIMERS: By entering this Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and by all decisions of Sponsor (which decisions are final and binding on all matters relating to the Sweepstakes, including fact, interpretation, eligibility, procedure and fulfillment), and to comply with all federal, state and local laws and regulations. In the event of non-compliance, the potential winner may be disqualified and an alternate prize winner may be selected. Entries and other submitted materials become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Neither the Sweepstakes Entities nor Internet access providers are responsible for incomplete, late, lost, misdirected entries or for any technical malfunction, human or other error, lost/delayed data transmission, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, or line failure in connection with any telephone network, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof. Entries are void if unreadable, inaccurate, incomplete, mutilated, tampered with, forged, produced by automated/programmed or like process (i.e., other than being manually keystroked by entrant), mechanically reproduced, irregular in any way, or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules. None of the Sweepstakes Entities make any warranties, and hereby disclaim any and all warranties, express or implied, concerning any prize furnished or made available in connection with the Sweepstakes. Although Sponsor attempts to ensure the integrity of the Sweepstakes, neither Sponsor, nor any of the other Sweepstakes Entities are responsible for the actions of entrants or other individuals in connection with the Sweepstakes, including entrants' or other individuals' attempts to circumvent these Official Rules or otherwise interfere with the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. The Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for injury or damage to entrant’s or to any other person's computer(s), other equipment, or person(s), related to or resulting from participation in the Sweepstakes or any Sweepstakes- or prize-related activity. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned by reason of damage by computer virus, worms, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical limitations or failures, strikes, industry conditions, bankruptcy or liquidation, marketplace demands, applicable law, unforeseen obstacles, or any other causes which, in the sole opinion of Sponsor could corrupt, compromise, undermine, or otherwise affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, viability, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to modify these Official Rules and/or to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend all or any part of the Sweepstakes, and in the event of cancellation or termination, to select the winner from among all eligible non-suspect entries received up to the time of such cancellation, termination, modification, or suspension, as applicable, or by some other means deemed by Sponsor in its sole discretion to be fair, appropriate and consistent with the spirit of these Official Rules. Notice of such action by Sponsor will be posted on the Sweepstakes Site. Proof of submitting entry will not be deemed receipt of such entry by Sponsor. Facebook is not a sponsor of this Sweepstakes and is not responsible for the promotion, administration or execution of this Sweepstakes.
All taxes (including, without limitation, federal, state and local taxes) in connection with any prize, and the reporting consequence thereof, are the sole responsibility of the prize winner. The Grand Prize winner and his/her guest will each be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility, liability release, and publicity release (unless prohibited by law). The prize winner’s travel companion is required to be of majority age or older in his/her legal jurisdiction of residency or be the minor child or ward of the prize winner. If the prize winner or his/her travel companion is a resident of a jurisdiction that deems him/her to be a minor, his/her respective parent or legal guardian will also be required to sign any document which the prize winner is required to sign pursuant to these Official Rules. Failure to complete, sign and return all required documents within fourteen (14) days of delivery to potential winner's claimed address or return of prizes as undeliverable may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner, at the sole discretion of Sponsor. By entering this Sweepstakes, unless prohibited by law, the potential winner consents to use by Sponsor of his/her name, picture, likeness, voice, biographical data, and/or any information contained in their entry form for advertising or publicity purposes without additional compensation, notice, review or approval.
7. RELEASE AND INDEMNIFICATION: BY ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES, ENTRANTS RELEASE AND HOLD EACH OF THE SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES AND FACEBOOK HARMLESS FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL LOSSES, DAMAGES, RIGHTS, CLAIMS, AND ACTIONS OF ANY KIND ARISING, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM THE SWEEPSTAKES OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY SWEEPSTAKES-RELATED ACTIVITY , OR RESULTING DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE, OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE AWARDED IN CONNECTION WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH, AND/OR PROPERTY DAMAGE OR LOSS, AS WELL AS CLAIMS BASED ON PUBLICITY RIGHTS, DEFAMATION, AND/OR INVASION OF PRIVACY.
8. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: IN NO EVENT WILL ANY OF THE SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, ARISING OUT THE ENTRANT’S ENTRY OR PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES,OF ANY ACCESS TO AND/OR USE OF THE SWEEPSTAKES SITE, OR THE ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE, OR MISUSE OF, OR ANY HARM RESULTING FROM THE ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE OR MISUSE OF, OR PARTICIPATION IN, ANY PRIZE AWARDED IN CONNECTION WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, ALL PRIZES, ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
9. GOVERNING LAW/DISPUTE RESOLUTIONS: The Sweepstakes and these Official Rules are governed by and shall be construed in accordance with the substantive laws of the State of Florida (as distinguished from the choice of law rules) applicable to contracts made and performed entirely in Florida and where the relevant contacts are with such state. Except where prohibited, by participating in the Sweepstakes, you agree that: (a) any action at law or in equity arising out of or relating to these Official Rules or the rights and obligations of any entrant and/or Sponsor shall be filed exclusively in the courts of Palm Beach County, Florida and you hereby consent and submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of such courts for the purposes of litigating any such action, AND ANY RIGHT TO A TRIAL BY JURY AND A TRIAL BY JURY IS HEREBY WAIVED, (b) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with these Official Rules, and/or the rights and obligations of any entrant and/or Sponsor shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and (c) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with participating in this Sweepstakes but in no event attorneys' fees; and (d) under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, exemplary, special, incidental, indirect and consequential damages and any other damages (whether due to negligence or otherwise), other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased.
(a) Dates and Deadlines: Because of the unique nature and scope of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right, in addition to those other rights reserved herein, to modify any date(s) or deadline(s) set forth in these Official Rules or otherwise governing the Sweepstakes.
(c) Severability; Headings: If any provision of these Official Rules is found to be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from these Official Rules and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions. Headings and captions are used in these Official Rules solely for convenience of reference, and shall not be deemed to affect in any manner the meaning or intent of these Official Rules or any provision hereof.
(d) Winner: For any legally-required list of winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope after March 1, 2014 to: Winners List, MovieTickets.com “Cast Your Oscar Ballot with MovieTickets.com Facebook” Sweepstakes, MovieTickets.com, Inc., 2255 Glades Road, Suite 100E, Boca Raton, Florida 33431. Requests for Winners List must be received within six (6) weeks following the end of the Entry Period. VT residents may omit return postage.
(e) Rule Requests: To receive a copy of these complete Official Rules, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Official Rules, MovieTickets.com :"Cast Your Oscar Ballot with MovieTickets.com Facebook” Sweepstakes, MovieTickets.com, Inc., 2255 Glades Road, Suite 100E, Boca Raton, Florida 33431. Requests for Official Rules must be received during the entry period. VT residents may omit return postage.
Tell Your Friends: "Cast Your Oscar Ballot with MovieTickets.com Facebook" Sweepstakes: Official Rules
User Comments: "Cast Your Oscar Ballot with MovieTickets.com Facebook" Sweepstakes: Official Rules