MovieTickets.com “Enter For a Chance to Win” Sweepstakes Official Rules
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. MANY WILL ENTER, FEW WILL WIN. ODDS OF WINNING WILL DEPEND ON THE TOTAL NUMBER OF ENTRIES RECEIVED. AN AFFIDAVIT OF ELIGIBILITY MAY BE REQUIRED.
- ELIGIBILITY: MovieTickets.com “Enter For a Chance to Win” Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) is only open to legal residents of the United States of America who are eighteen (18) or older as of date of entry. Employees, officers and directors (and their immediate families, including parents, children, siblings or spouses) of MovieTickets.com, Inc. (“Sponsor”), Levenson & Hill Inc. ("Administrator"), The Levenson Group of Companies and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers and partners , and Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures and its parent, subsidiaries, and affiliates (the “Group” - Sponsor, Administrator and the Group collectively referred herein as the “Sweepstakes Entities”), and persons living in the same household as such employees, officers and directors (whether related or not) are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes. Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited by law, taxed or otherwise restricted. The Sweepstakes begins at 3:00:00 p.m. Central Standard Time (“CST”) on April 17, 2013 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. CST on May 9, 2013 (“Sweepstakes Period”). All entries must be received by 11:59:59 p.m. CST on May 9, 2013 to be eligible.
- HOW TO ENTER: Visit https://www.facebook.com/MovieTicketscom, click on the “Sweepstakes” tab (the “Page”) follow the instructions to access the Facebook application and complete the online entry form, which includes your first name, last name, email address, city, state, zip code and date of birth.
You must be a registered user of Facebook and comply with the Statement of Rights and Responsibilities found at http://www.facebook.com/terms/#!/terms.php in order to enter the Sweepstakes. To the extent of any conflict between these Official Rules and the Facebook Statement of Rights and Responsibilities, these Official Rules will apply. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by or associated with, Facebook.
Only one (1) entry per single individual during the Sweepstakes Period is allowed. No automated entry devices and/or programs permitted. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, stolen, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, misdirected, technically corrupted or garbled entries, which will be disqualified, or for problems of any kind whether mechanical, human or electronic. Only fully completed entry forms are eligible. Subsequent entries on behalf of the same individual will be disqualified and multiple entries using different email addresses for a single individual will be disqualified. In the event of a dispute over the identity of an online entrant, entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. Entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Sweepstakes is subject to federal, state and local laws and regulations. Failure to provide true and accurate information will automatically disqualify you from participating in the Sweepstakes. Entry in the Sweepstakes does not constitute entry into any other promotion, contest or sweepstakes.
- SELECTION OF WINNERS; PRIZES: On or about May 10, 2013, all entries will be pooled and winners will be selected at random from the pool of entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. The first one (1) eligible entry selected will be deemed the potential Grand Prize winner, subject to verification. The Grand Prize winner will receive a Marvel’s “Iron Man 3” Movie Certificate Package for himself/herself. The Marvel’s “Iron Man 3” Movie Certificate Package includes twenty (20) guest certificates to a showing of “Iron Man 3”, Twenty-five (25) MovieTickets.com gift certificates each valid for one (1) movie ticket purchase on the Movietickets.com website up to a value of $12.50 for one (1) year from date of issuance, as designated on certificates and an “Iron Man 3” gift basket full of promotional items (collectively, the “Grand Prize”). An additional ten (10) potential First Prize winners will be randomly selected from the remaining pool of entries received during the Sweepstakes Period, subject to verification, to win two (2) MovieTickets.com gift certificates each valid for one (1) movie ticket purchase on the Movietickets.com website up to a value of $12.50 for one (1) year from date of issuance, as designated on the certificates (each, a “First Prize”). The potential prize winners will be contacted by e-mail on or about May 15, 2013. Winners may be required to sign and return, where legal, an Affidavit or Declaration of Eligibility and Liability Release within seven (7) days of prize notification. If the initial notification email is not acknowledged within fifteen (15) days, if any required Affidavit or Declaration is not returned within seven (7) days, if the prize is declined or otherwise unable to be awarded to the potential prize winner or in the event of any winner’s non-compliance with these Official Rules, Sponsor will have the right to award the applicable prize to an alternate entry drawn from among all remaining eligible entries. The prizes are non-transferable and may not be redeemed for cash value or exchanged for any other prize. If a prize becomes unavailable, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value in its sole discretion. Certain date restrictions imposed by Sponsor or local theaters may apply.
- TAMPERING WITH SWEEPSTAKES: No facsimiles or mechanical reproductions of entry forms will be accepted. Entry forms that have been tampered with or altered, or mass entries or entries generated by a script, macro or use of automated devices are void. Entrants found tampering with or abusing any aspect of this Sweepstakes, as solely determined by Administrator, will be disqualified. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be in violation of criminal and/or civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor reserves the right to terminate, modify, amend, suspend or cancel the Sweepstakes in its sole discretion. In case of termination, Sponsor will select the winners from among entries received prior to the termination date. Sponsor may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Sweepstakes or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, Sponsor determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by cheating, hacking, deception or other unfair playing practices (including the use of automated quick entry programs) or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or Sponsor representatives.
- LIABILITY & RELEASE: By participating in the Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees to release, indemnify and hold harmless the Sweepstakes Entities, Facebook, Inc. and each of their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, directors, officers, employees and their respective advertising and promotional agencies (the “Releasees”) from and against any and all liability, injuries, death, loss, claim, costs, expenses (including attorneys’ fees and legal costs), demands, lawsuits, legal proceedings, fines, penalties, damages, or causes of action arising out of, in connection with, or resulting from the Sweepstakes, or entry or participation in the Sweepstakes, or the acceptance or possession, receipt, attendance at, travel related to, delivery of, defect in, inability to use, or use or misuse of any prize , including, but not limited to: (a) human error or unauthorized human intervention in the Sweepstakes; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone or network lines; (c) printing errors; (d) lost, late, misdirected, illegible entries; (e) errors in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; (f) injury or damage to persons, including death, or property that may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or acceptance, receipt, use or misuse of any prize; or (g) any claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery. Sponsor is not responsible if Sweepstakes cannot take place or if the prize cannot be awarded due to travel cancellations, delays or interruptions due to acts of God, acts of war, natural disasters, weather, acts of terrorism or any other causes outside of Sponsor’s reasonable control. Notwithstanding the foregoing, in the event that the preceding release is determined by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid or void for any reason, the entrant agrees that, by entering the Sweepstakes, (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with the Sweepstakes, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually without resort to any form of class action; (b) any claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Sweepstakes, but in no event attorney’s fees; and (c) under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain any award for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental or consequential damages and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased and any other damages, other than damages for actual out-of-pocket expenses. Entrants hereby acknowledge that Sweepstakes Entities have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize.
- GOVERNING LAW/LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules or the rights and obligations of entrants, Sponsor or the Sweepstakes Entities in connection with the Sweepstakes will be governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the State of Florida, without giving effect to any conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other state’s laws. Except where prohibited, by participating in the Sweepstakes, you agree that any action at law or in equity arising out of or relating to these Official Rules or the rights and obligations of any entrant and/or Sponsor shall be filed exclusively in the courts of Palm Beach County, Florida and you hereby consent and submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of such courts for the purposes of litigating any such action.
BY ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES, ENTRANT AGREES THAT TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW: (1) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES, OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED, WILL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION; (2) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS WILL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL THIRD-PARTY, OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED (IF ANY) NOT TO EXCEED FIFTY DOLLARS ($50.00), BUT IN NO EVENT WILL ATTORNEYS’ FEES BE AWARDED OR RECOVERABLE; (3) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ANY ENTRANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN ANY AWARD FOR, AND ENTRANT HEREBY KNOWINGLY AND EXPRESSLY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO SEEK, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS AND/OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES, OTHER THAN ACTUAL OUT OF POCKET EXPENSES NOT TO EXCEED FIFTY DOLLARS ($50.00), AND/OR ANY RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED; (4) ENTRANTS’ REMEDIES ARE LIMITED TO A CLAIM FOR MONEY DAMAGES (IF ANY) AND ENTRANT IRREVOCABLY WAIVES ANY RIGHT TO SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR EQUITABLE RELIEF; AND (5) ANY RIGHT TO A TRIAL BY JURY IS HEREBY WAIVED. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
- APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE (“ARV"): The ARV of the Grand Prize is USD $1250.00. The ARV of each First Prize is $20.00. Total ARV of all prizes combined: $1450.00. Difference between ARV and actual retail value of the each prize, if any, will not be awarded. All federal, state and local taxes imposed on prizes, and any unspecified expenses, including travel to any theater or restaurant to redeem a prize or portion thereof, are the sole responsibility of each prize winner. Sponsor will not provide transportation to or from any movie theater in connection with the Sweepstakes or any prize or portion thereof. Street address is required to receive any prize (no PO Boxes).
- WINNERS’ LIST: For a list of the Sweepstakes winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: MovieTickets.com “Enter for a chance to win” Sweepstakes Winners List, 2255 GLADES ROAD, SUITE 100E, BOCA RATON, FL 33431. Requests must be received no later than June 30, 2013.
Sponsor: MovieTickets.com, Inc., 2255 Glades Rd., Suite 100E, Boca Raton, FL 33431
The promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook.
Administrator: Levenson & Hill Inc., 717 N. Harwood, STE 2000, Dallas, TX 75201.
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. You are providing your information to MovieTickets.com and not to Facebook. The information you provide will only be used for the purposes of the MovieTickets.com “Enter for a chance to win” Sweepstakes.