audience Reviews, 79% Audience Score
- Rating: 4.5 out of 5 starsFinally, a thinking person's movie. This is by far Thomas Haden Church's finest performance. He brings his character alive, and for all his faults, you grow to love him as much as his daughter does. This movie says science fiction, but it really isn't - kinda. It's about a daughter finding her father. The what's and why's of their dialogue was simply brilliant, and you have to see it to understand it. The only part that needed cutting was the idiots throwing stuff and calling him names. Other than that, it's a masterpiece.
- Rating: 4.5 out of 5 starsI thought this was a really feel good movie….heartfelt
- Rating: 1.5 out of 5 starsWas not a great watch. Thomas Hayden Church is a one trick pony playing the same character he always plays. There wasn't much going on to categorize this a sci-fi film either, it's more of a drama. I had a hard time empathizing with the characters as well as they were not well developed. Overall i want my 1hr 27min back.
- Rating: 5 out of 5 starsThis film brings you satisfyingly close into the vulnerability of the world of these characters as you viscerally feel a shining example of the complex and winding road that emotional connection can take among people, especially between family members who face their own challenges. The story was wonderfully told with strong direction, organic, raw, and efficient writing, amazingly compelling performances by the actors, and beautiful transporting imagery and cinematography. This will be haunting my thoughts for some time.
- Rating: 5 out of 5 starsI continue to think about this movie well after it ended. It only occurred to me afterwards how deep the theme actually goes. When family becomes alien, I guess you could say. It's a must see.
- Rating: 3.5 out of 5 starsThis father-daughter film tackles essential subjects such as mental health, parenthood, and loneliness. These topics come to the forefront thanks to a character-driven story. The chemistry between Thomas Haden Church and Diana Agron is undeniable, and that is due to the time they spent together crafting this story and bringing their own experiences to the role. Church delivers a fantastic performance as a secluded father obsessed with Extraterrestrial intelligence. This dialogue-heavy film may turn off some moviegoers, but it hits all the emotional beats. The intimate story about making connections is thought-provoking. The movie has a serious tone, but light moments are sprinkled in, along with touching moments. I give Acidman 3.5 out of 5 stars. This film, which debuted last year's Tribeca Film Festival, is worth the watch thanks to two strong performances and a story many can relate to.
- Rating: 5 out of 5 starsA beautiful film, both visually and emotionally.
- Rating: 5 out of 5 starsGreat performances, very heartfelt, honest and moving. Strongly recommend!
- Rating: 5 out of 5 starsThis movie really warmed my heart... it was beautifully shot and really wrapped me in its story and showed characters with great depth. A truly worthwhile movie adventure.