audience Reviews, 64% Audience Score
- Rating: 4 out of 5 starsThis is quite a touching film - its quite subtle but that's by no means a bad thing. The story is intriguing and its very much a film about the social awkwardness felt by children/grandchildren at the expectations their relatives have for them and how they really feel. The script is good and the performances are good too. There's some amusing moments (lightly amusing, not big belly laugh funny but that's ok) and some thought provoking moments too. I liked the granny, what she said and how she acted at times - it made me smile. Its thought provoking and somehow rather poignant. I liked the imagery presented by what characters describe as being in their thoughts. Of course there's also some nice shots of the indian landscape - it gives a good insight into traditional Indian values I suppose. Generally I'd say it has a nice 'warmth' to it. Yes, I'd recommend this film.
- Rating: 5 out of 5 starsBest Movie Ever. Always love this Movie
- Rating: 5 out of 5 starsGood actor casting. All the actor's did wonderful job.
- Rating: 3.5 out of 5 starsThe streets of Mumbai are the star attraction of this overly buttoned-down but well-made love story, and the scene-stealing grandma does her best to liven things up between the inert lead actors. Yet I still enjoyed it despite its lack of energy.
- Rating: 5 out of 5 starsMy absolute new favorite movie. It was so endearing. I found all the characters so damn interesting. Beautiful flick. Can't wait to see it again. The sooner the better.
- Rating: 0.5 out of 5 starsIt was boring and bad cheese acting. I don't recommend it at all
- Rating: 2 out of 5 starsAwkward, slow moving, lots of silent uncomfortable pauses. The flash back portions seemed somewhat more true to real life.
- Rating: 5 out of 5 starsModern black love at its finest!
- Rating: 4.5 out of 5 starsThis romantic realistic film was great. I loved being able to relate to the characters. Love is hard, moms are crazy, but we also have to realize they are just people with the same pain. It was cute, I cried, I felt things.
- Rating: 5 out of 5 starsNice film. Well intentioned not salacious nor packed with the usual stereotypes. Well cast and nice to see black love succeed. Beautiful soundtrack. Very enjoyable.