Who We Are: A Chronicle of Racism in America
audience Reviews, 53% Audience Score
- Rating: 5 out of 5 starsDoes an excellent job of telling a story that Americans can't hear too often.
- Rating: 5 out of 5 starsShould be required viewing in all colleges universities and schools, especially in the deep South.
- Rating: 5 out of 5 starsUndeniably powerful. Clear and focused and heartbreaking. Hopefully, this will be a film that students demand to see and that will set some schoolboards in America trembling in their boots.
- Rating: 5 out of 5 starsI am in my 60's, and this film absolutely floored me--it was life-changing. For those who say these revelations "will teach children to hate their country," I say, on the contrary, "The truth will make you free!"
- Rating: 5 out of 5 starsLuckily I'm one of those who can watch this movie without feeling personally insulted and I can seperate myself from it. I have a pretty good idea the vast majority of these 1 star reviews are by people who haven't seen it. I'm sure the words "critical" and "race" and "theory" comes up quite a bit in the audience review section.
- Rating: 4.5 out of 5 starsI've watched it twice now and I stopped it to further look up the historical events he references. This film is informative and I have learned much about our history that I never knew otherwise. I keep looking for some sort of "fact-check" to discredit and there seem to be none. This says a lot. I sincerely hope that many people take a look and discover information that helps makes sense of where we are today, who we are.
- Rating: 5 out of 5 starsThis is a very important film for anyone who actually cares about our countries history and it's future. There are many very short negative reviews that appear to be left by people who have a racist agenda. Do not let this steer you away from watching this film. If you are one of the people who truly make America the land of the free and the home of the brave where all people are truly equal you will have no choice but to leave a 5 star review!
- Rating: 1 out of 5 starsIt's so bad, don't waste your time
- Rating: 5 out of 5 starsYou literally have to be a RACIST not to LOVE this film. History is important and as Jeffrey often says, "who controls the past, controls the future" (George Orwell - 1984). Let's show the courage to honestly see our past and then the audacity to CHANGE the future. We can STOP that darn ball from rolling back once and for all! Watch this inspiring film with an open heart. It was not lost on me that the CRITICS rated this film at 98% and the AUDIENCE rated it at 48%. Another instance of insecure folks trying to control the narrative, but ironically they are just identifying themselves as the racists they are.
- Rating: 0.5 out of 5 starsWhat is this stuff? A major motion picture event to make us feel bad for being alive? Stop. Just stop.