MovieTickets.com, Inc. combines the proven market expertise of two industry leading companies, AMC Entertainment Inc. (AMEX: AEN) and Hollywood.com, Inc. (NASDAQ: HOLL), to offer the online sale of movie tickets with additional content to assist users with their moviegoing decisions.
- Will offer online movie tickets for over 2,000 screens.
- Will feature comprehensive nationwide movie listing of over 30,000 screens.
- Has the potential audience of 34% of U.S. households that have Internet access with 63% of those using the Internet for entertainment information.
- Has the sales potential of 1.6 billion of the movie tickets sold per year.
- Has targeted the audiences that attend movies at least monthly, being 49% of all teenagers and 27% of all adults.
Two Powerhouses Join Forces
AMC Entertainment, Inc.:
- Is the largest theatrical exhibition company in the world in terms of revenues.
- Has consistently over 40% of the highest performing theatres of the weekly top 50 grossing theatres in the U.S.
- Has 2,600 U.S. screens in 197 theatres.
- Has 72% of the screens located in the top 20 markets, giving AMC more national and major market coverage than any U.S. circuit.
- Has 80% of its screens in the top one or two grossing screens in the markets they serve.
- Has annual attendance of over 150 million moviegoers.
- Has over 40% of the teleticketing market share since it introduced the system in 1991.
- Has been named the 12th fastest growing site on the Web for the month of November 1999, according to Media Metrix.
- Has achieved over 2 million unique visitors per month. (Accrue)
- Has over 71,000 registered users receiving weekly e-mail.
- Has the nation's largest provider of movie showtimes with over 30,000 screens.
- Has approximately 1 million pages of movie content.
- Has the world's largest online movie studio store.
- Has through its Showtimes.com subsidiary, syndicated movie showtimes to over 150 other web sites, approximately 95% of the Internet market share, including Yahoo!, Excite, Go, InfoSpace, Road Runner, latimes.com, usatoday.com, and all Knight-Ridder sites.
- Has been endorsed as the official website of the National Association of Theatre Owners covering 70% of all movie screens in the U.S.
# # #